Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 104: Taking The Lazy Way Out


Technically, I am on vacation. From work, anyway - but shouldn’t that extend to household duties? I think yes.

My husband was stopping at Costco on his way home from work tonight anyway, so he made our lives easier and pickup up a rotisserie chicken and a spinach salad kit.

If you read entries #94 (“Best $8 Dinner in Town) or #54 (“So Pretty. Wish I Made That!) then you already know about our fondness of the Costco rotisserie chicken. However, tonight was our first sampling of the spinach salad kit, which was really good. It is a bed of spinach with plum tomatoes, a hard boiled egg, slices of red onion, fresh bacon bits, raw mushrooms, and shredded cheese. It also comes with two cups of poppy salad dressing, which I found too sweet, but which my husband enjoyed.

So...back to my vacation. Tomorrow morning I am leaving for San Diego to meet up with some girlfriends. I’ve been told I’m in charge of cooking - but I’m looking forward to exploring some new restaurants, too. Stay tuned - I know that Costco chicken and salad isn’t the most exciting thing. Hopefully some more interesting meals will find their way to www.365daysofdinner.com this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment