Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 108: Back in the 'Hood

After a long weekend away with girlfriends and a late flight home, tonight I was really looking forward to some low key bonding time with my husband.  So, we went to dinner at Bistro Aix, one of our favorite neighborhood destinations when we're seeking such a vibe.

The menu is updated daily to allow the restaurant to take advantage of seasonal ingredients.  The dish I chose tonight, however, has been a fairly regular item over the past several months - seared tuna with shitake mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes and fried spinach.  I've had this dish many times and it never fails to please.  They will even happily replace one off the sides with something else if you ask them to - usually I trade out the potatoes and replace them with green beans or some other healthier option.  Tonight, however, I splurged and enjoyed every bite!

I love to travel but I also love coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment