Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 112: Looks and Taste are Sometimes Inversely Proportional

As far as this blog is concerns, it seems that I just cannot win with Izzy's Steaks & Chops.  Don't get me wrong - I love everything about Izzy's - the service, the atmosphere, the food, and the prices.  But for the life of me, I do not know how to capture that tastiness this place offers.  

My first entry after an Izzy's dinner received a number of horrified comments.  I think that steak is a tough thing to photograph in the first place, but medium rare prime rib - well, there is really no way to make that look pretty.  So, tonight I decided to photograph my husband's sides instead.  Yes - this was cheating, as the photograph captures his dinner, not mine (my sides are always steamed broccoli and more steamed broccoli).  But give a girl a break - it's day 112 of this blog project and the first time I cheated!

Obviously, this strategy didn't work for me either.  The creamed spinach and Izzy's potatoes look totally gross - but I assure you they taste totally amazing.  I think next time I will snap my appetizer - stay tuned and see how that turns out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment