Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 105: Girls' Night In


People are often amazed when I tell them that I still have four very close friends from my childhood years. These days, we are spread out all over the US and so it usually takes a major life event to get us all in the same place at the same time.

This year we decided to get together just for the heck of it. After many debates about when and where and much planning, here we are in San Diego - all five together for the first time in about three years.

Since two of the girls had flown in from the East Coast - and we are now in our mid 30s (or as one of them pointed out, almost 40) - we spent our first night together in a very low-key fashion. We made a huge salad and had cheese and crackers and of course, some wine.

As you can imagine, five girls reunited for the first time in three years were very busy chit chatting, which explains why my photo features rather empty dishes.

Last time we took a trip like this, it was 2002. We went to Cabo and I seem to recall many, many Jell-O shots. I think this trip will likely be a lot less wild but it’s always fun to hang with “my girls”.

No comments:

Post a Comment