Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 247: These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Tonight's dinner comprised of two of my new favorite things:  quinoa and a Moroccan chicken recipe from Epicurious.com.

For the chicken, I followed the Epi.com recipe with the following exceptions:  I made my own harissa, I used only chicken thighs and legs, and I used chicken broth instead of water.  This healthy, easy to make dish is full of flavor.  I guarantee you'll love it.  Click this link for the chicken recipe and see entry #227 "Yay!  I Remember How to Cook!" for the harissa recipe.

I strongly recommend you make some rice, couscous, or something else to soak up all the great sauce the chicken cooks in.  I, of course, went with quinoa - my new favorite grain.

I steamed a cup of quinoa (click here for the best method I've found) and then mixed it into a vinaigrette of 2 T olive oil, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, a 1 tsp of sugar.  Into that, I mixed a bag of defrosted frozen spinach, from which I squeezed all of the liquid.  I also added 3 T of toasted sliced almonds.  Served as a bed underneath the chicken, this little salad did a great job of soaking up all of the delicious sauce and adding some additional nutrition of our meal.

This dinner was so good, I may need to make it again next weekend!  Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment