Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 253: Going Green

It was a blustery day here in SF.  Cold wind chilled me to the bone - the perfect weather for a nice bowl of soup.

Lucky for me, Capannina had a delicious soup on the specials menu tonight - asparagus and artichoke puree in chicken stock and polenta croutons.  Seriously?  Polenta croutons?  It really doesn't get any better than that!  And the soup was yummy, too.

I followed up the soup with the mixed seafood grill, which is different every night, depending I suppose on what looks the best and is the freshest on any given day.  Tonight the plate featured a piece of halibut, a piece of salmon, and a langosteen.  It also included some sauteed spinach, mashed potatoes, and a lemony sauce that was tart, tasty, and perfect with the fish.

The rest of the country is starting to warm up but it's still chilly here in the Bay Area.  Bring on some more tasty food to warm my body and soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment