Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 256: Can't Get Enough...Soy??

Tonight's dinner, wok sauteed vegetables and tofu with brown rice, may be one of my oddest choices yet, for two reasons.

1 - I am not vegetarian and although I don't DISlike it, I am not particularly fond of tofu.
2 - I've just concluded a work project that was all about soy.  I should be sick of this stuff!!

But, for some reason, I saw this dish on the Buddha's Belly menu and just had to have it.  Unfortunately, although the veggies were fresh, delicious, and perfectly cooked, overall the dish lacked flavor.  A dollop of hot sauce and a couple of dashes of soy sauce and that problem was resolved.

The highlight of this meal was that it took place in LA with two of my very good girlfriends.  It's always nice when you can combine a business trip with some girly bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment