Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 251: Take the Chill Off

Tonight I was feeling cold and lazy and so I went to the store planning to buy some fresh soup for dinner.  Unfortunately, the store I went to only sells canned soup and none of it really appealed to me, so I wound up deciding to make turkey chili instead.

I relied on a tried and true recipe from Epicurious.com.  I follow it to a tee except that instead of using three cans of white beans, I used three different kinds:  cannelloni, kidney, and pinto.

I will say that this recipe results in a lot of liquid, which is great if you like your chili over rice.  If not, you may want to reduce the amount of broth that you add.

And of course, chili is always better when you great a nice pile of sharp cheddar cheese over the top.  Or better yet, add some cheese in between scoops of chili to ensure you get some in every bite.  Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment