Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 306: Three Phases of Dinner

I'm not sure if tonight's "dinner" was really a meal or just several hours of grazing.

It all started in the Burbank airport, where some colleagues and I awaited a flight home from a business day trip.  In the bar, I satisfied a Baked Lays craving I'd been having all afternoon, pairing the chips with a beer and several Twizzlers.  Dinner Phase 1.

Once I got home, I felt the need to establish some balance in my food universe and so I made a salad.  It included baby lettuce, red bell pepper, celery, a carrot, and some tuna fish.  The tomatoes you see in the photo were removed after I ate a couple and realized that they were just kind of gross.  Dinner Phase 2.

Later on, believe it or not, I felt I needed a little something more.  So, I heated up a bowl of leftover chicken barley soup.  Dinner Phase 3.

A strange "meal" indeed.  I'll just blame it on the business travel and Baked Lays!

No comments:

Post a Comment