Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 302: I Will Steal This Plating Idea!

When I ordered the grilled salmon with roasted eggplant raviolini tonight at Capannina, I expected to get some little mini raviolis.  Instead, I got one large ravioli, which served as the cushion for my fish.  Genius!

If you've been following this blog awhile, you know that plating is not my strong point.  So, anytime I encounter interesting ideas like this, I file them away in my mental cookbook.

It goes without saying that this meal, like all that I have had at Capannina, was not only visually impressive but delicious as well.  That's what keeps up coming back!

I should note that I started the meal with the soup special:  puree of asparagus and artichoke with polenta croutons.  I tried this soup for the first time a few weeks ago and it was to die for and another visual stunner.  Click here to see it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment