Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 308: Fishy Friday

My husband was away most of this week and so I had relatively boring meals at home by myself.  Today we celebrated his return and the return of Friday by going to one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants for dinner - Cafe Maritime.

As you might expect, Cafe Maritime's menu is packed is fish dishes:  swordfish, tuna, linguine with clams, fish & chips, and so on.  Tonight, after my green salad, I opted for grilled mahi mahi, which I believe is a new addition to the menu.  It was meant to be served with string beans and baby potatoes, but I requested that they substitute horseradish mashed potatoes instead of the baby ones.  As always (I think I almost always make a side swap at CM!) they were happy to oblige.

Lucky for me, after my entree I still had enough room left to share an order of Mark's Mom's Coconut Cream Pie with my hubby.  This is without a doubt, one of my favorite desserts in the world.  Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment