Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 312: When The Hubby's Away...

Anyone who has been reading this blog for awhile knows that I am a frequent fish eater.  I love it - it's tasty, it's healthy, and it's usually easy and quick to prepare. 

Unfortunately, my husband is not fond of salmon and so I've had little opportunity to cook it at home, instead taking every opportunity to order it in restaurants.  The hubby is away this week, though, so the wife will play - with salmon.

It was so easy and so delicious!  I heated up some olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat until it was good and hot.  I seasoned the salmon well with S&P and then cooked it for 3.5 minutes on each side, beginning with the skin side down.  Once it was plated, I sprinkled some freshly chopped dill and fresh squeezed lemon juice over the top.

My sides were salads that I bought at the grocery store.  One was a red quinoa salad with lima beans and carrots and the other was marinated white beans with celery and tomatoes.

In total, this meal took less than 10 minutes, from prep to eating.  Perfect for a mid-week dinner.  I'll have to remember this one the next time hubby goes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment