Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 327: Tastes Like Play Doh!

You know how you don't fully appreciate something until it's gone? Well, that's kind of how this week has been for me since lopping off a good chunk of my thumb on Monday. I just never realized how critical that digit is, especially when it comes to doing things in the kitchen and around the house! Certainly, it affected our dinner tonight.

I decided to make something easy and that didn't require any chopping. I sauteed up some shrimp in olive oil and then removed them from the pan and set them aside while I cooked the veggies. Normally, I would have chopped the garlic, but instead I pushed it through a press. I added some white wine, a bag of snowpeas from Trader Joe's, and S&P and sauteed everything for about 8 minutes on medium-high heat. Then I returned the shrimp to the pan and mixed everything together .

Because it was late and I was looking for the easiest possible solution, I made Casbah couscous rather than brown rice or quinoa. Unfortunately, it tasted like Play Doh and really ruined my already uninspired dish. Even all the Sriracha in the world couldn't help this dinner. I won't be buying that product again!!

This thumb is going to need some time to heal so I'm going to have to figure out how to feed my husband tasty meals despite my handicap. Any ideas for a thumb-free dinner are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment