Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 307: Kebad

When I left the gym at 8pm tonight, I wanted something fast, easy, and healthy for dinner.  So, I decided to try Marina & Kebab, a new restaurant that opened in the neighborhood.  I ordered two skewers - one chicken and one lamb - and took them home and paired them with some raw veggies and Trader Joe's white bean hummus.  

The meal met my three requirements:  fast, easy, and healthy.  But unfortunately, it did not meet the most important requirement of all - taste!  I didn't think the meat was seasoned very well and the lamb was a bit tough.  These kebabs were keBAD!  Somehow, the place gets great ratings and reviews on Yelp, so maybe I didn't order the right things.  Maybe I'll try it again, but probably not.

My veggies were good, though.  And that Trader's Joe's hummus is amazing.  The beans are blended with pesto, pine nuts, and olive oil and it's rich, savory, and so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment