Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 222: Lending a Helping Hand (and Mouth)

My parents are leaving their Panama house in a few days and are madly trying to finish up the food from the fridge and cabinets, so tonight was leftover night.  We were happy to oblige because, as you know if you've been reading this blog for awhile, I love leftovers!

My favorite part of the meal, though wasn't the leftover burger, BBQ chicken, or veggies.  The rice my dad made was SO good.  I have become a rice eating fool since coming to Central America.  It's a staple here and I am loving it!  My dad sauteed some onion, garlic, and tomatoes, then added white rice, sauteed it all a bit longer, and then added water and a cube of chicken bullion.  I gobbled up my share plus some, doing my best to help clear out those cabinets.

You can always count on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment