Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 226: Slimy and Snot-Like

I really want to like oysters but their slimy snot-like consistency really grosses me out.  But I really want to like them!!

Fortunately, many restaurants offer oyster preparations that are more agreeable to oyster newbies like me - baked, fried, or even in a shot of liquor!  Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen offers such a dish, called Oysters Pablo, which was our appetizer tonight (unfortunately, I forgot to take the picture until after they were gone!).  These oysters are baked with spinach, garlic, and I believe, cheese and they are savory, tasty, and not the least bit snot-like!

If you have any suggestions that will help get me on the road towards loving raw oysters, please leave a comment!

My entree tonight was duck from Cindy's wood oven and wild rice that had been mixed with dried cherries and other fruit.  As always, I left full and very happy.  I started this blog at Cindy's 226 days ago and I'm always happy when I get to write another entry talking about the delicious food here.

No comments:

Post a Comment