Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 239: I Don't Care What You Think

This steak, served at Izzy's Steaks and Chops, is not attractive.  It may even be downright gross looking.  But you know what?  I don't care.  And that's because it was freaking delicious and made my tummy very happy!!

Beef is notorious difficult to photograph.  Even the Beef Council's ads make beef look more creepy than mouth-watering.  

Like your mother instructed, I beg you not to judge a book by its cover.  This steak should be judged based on how good it is on the inside - not on its outward appearance.  And I'm here to tell you that on the inside, this steak is wonderful.

As always at Izzy's, I ordered this prime rib medium rare with au jus and steamed broccoli.  And I'm proud to say that I ate every bite, less the fatty bits, plus a shrimp cocktail appetizer.  As the Hillshire Farm people say, "Go Meat!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment