Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 229: Everything Old is New Again

Tonight, I took four leftover components of Monday night's dinner + lots of new fresh veggies and voila!  Dinner was served!


Tonight, I reheated the leftover sauce from the chicken.  Then, I added fresh cauliflower florets, and green beans that I had cut in half.  I allowed this to cook for about 10 minutes, then added a small zucchini cut into rounds and a yellow bell pepper that I had cut into fairly large pieces.  

While the mixture cooked for another 5 minutes, I took the leftover chicken parts, removed the skin, and pulled the meat from the bone.  I also took the leftover glazed carrots and cut them into large pieces.  

I added the chicken to the pot and cooked it for about 5 minutes to heat it through.  Then I added the carrots for just another minute or so.  Finally, I scooped leftover quinoa into our bowls and then spooned the chicken, veggie, and sauce mixture over the top.  

This dish is SO good.  We did find that the dark meat pieces worked much better than the breast meat and so from now on, I will make this dish with chicken thighs.  They add a lot more flavor and they're cheaper, too!  This is definitely one of my favorite new recipes - give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment