Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 232: Tasty Chaos

Lunch was an incredible calorie splurge today - pastrami sandwiches at Moishe's Pippic - so dinner needed to be much lighter, fresher, and healthier. We knew Capannina could deliver.

When we arrived, I had to ask myself..."What recession?" The place was packed and somewhat chaotic. This is my third or fourth entry from Capannina since beginning this blog and never have I seen it like that!
Perhaps everyone was there to sample something from the black truffle menu. There were some tasty sounding offerings there and black truffles are more affordable than white truffles (Capannina had a special menu when the white ones were in season as well).
Given my desire for a dinner that was infinitely lighter than my lunch, I did not order from the truffle menu. I started with a mixed green salad which was served with a bit of shaved parmesan, small chunks of goat cheese, and toasted walnuts (which I passed on to my husband since I don't care for them). Really, there was nothing special about this salad but it got some much needed raw veggies into the system!
Next, I had pan roasted sea bass with lobster sauce (pictured). I adore the light flavor but firm and hefty texture of sea bass. This one was cooked perfectly and the sauteed or roasted veggies served with it were yummy as well.
Strangely, I wasn't quite full enough after that, so my husband and I shared a cheese plate for one and a few biscotti. So I got my wish for a lighter, healthier meal. And then quickly undid that with cheese and cookies. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment