Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 160: A Good Idea is a Stolen Idea


A few weeks ago our friend Sarah had us over for dinner.  The main course was dungeness crabs purchased pre-cooked (steamed or boiled - not sure which) at Whole Foods.  What an awesome and easy dinner idea!  So, I stole it tonight.

My husband picked the crabs up on the way home and had them cracked at the fish counter.  Meanwhile at home, I made a salad with fresh veggies picked up at the farmer's market today:  baby lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and a red bell pepper.  Then I sprinkled toasted pine nuts over the top.

I prepared the brussels sprouts as follows.  I heated up a cast iron pan with some olive oil.  Once hot, I tossed in some sliced garlic cloves and added a pound of halved sprouts cut side down.  Once the sprouts are browned, pull them out of the pan and place them in baking dish.  Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, onion salt, S&P and roast for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees and then sprinkled toasted pine nuts over the top.  Delicious.

All in all a healthy, if not original, dinner idea.  Feel free to steal it and pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment