Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 176: There's Always Good Food at Sarah's House

We love our friend Sarah.  And we love her mad cooking skills!!  

Tonight was Sarah's holiday party and her spread did not disappoint.  Her dining room table was full of tasty treats:  a variety of tiny and crispy phyllo cups were filled with wild mushrooms, smoked salmon & creme fraiche, or avocado, pinto beans, and tomatoes.  Herbed goat cheese and warm and creamy crab and artichoke dip were accompanied by toasted sliced of baguette.  A cheese plate.  Asparagus wrapped with supple and salty prosciutto.  Marinated artichoke hearts, boccachini, olive tapenade.  Mugs full of sweet savory butternut squash soup.  Everything was delish - and trust me, I tried it all!!

I must also make mention of the special holiday cocktails that Sarah's brother whipped up.  Other than homemade cinnamon simple syrup, I have no idea what was in these things - but they smelled and tasted like the holidays and I had not problem sucking them down!

The best part, though, was the company.  Sarah and I have been friends for almost 15 years and it was wonderful to be able to share the holidays with her.  Hopefully, she felt the same because I want to continue to be invited to her parties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment