Friday, December 26, 2008

Day 175: Old Stuff From the Fridge

We nearly always go out for dinner on Friday nights - but having been off from work since Wednesday, my internal day of the week clock is seriously screwed up.

I had a craving all afternoon for tacos, so we were planning to whip them up for dinner.  But after an afternoon full of errands and not getting home until after 8pm, I sort of lost my energy for cooking and it felt too late to head out for a meal.  So, we took the opportunity to finish up a bunch of old stuff from the fridge, like the broccoli pictured above which I had purchased at the market about a week ago.

I steamed the broccoli and paired it with a can of Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque - one of my favorite canned soups.  I doctored the soup up by stirring in some freshly grated parmesan cheese, some black pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and some dried oregano.  Warm, cozy, and ad little bit spicy - great for a chilly night!

No comments:

Post a Comment