Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 172: On Vacation in ALL Respects

As my husband puts it, today was my last day of work of the year.  Advertising agency life is pretty good from that perspective - most agencies close between Christmas Eve Day and New Years Day, providing a wonderful long break from the real world.

This year vacation mode set it instantly and as I left the office and headed for the bus home, I thought to myself, "Cook dinner???  No way!!"

The fact is, we had a ton of leftovers in the fridge from Sunday night and from last night's Hanukkah feast so cooking wasn't necessary anyway.  I opted to create a potpourri of leftover side dishes and pair them with a can of Trader Joe's Italian Wedding soup.  Meanwhile, my husband did some good work on last night's leftover brisket.

I know some people don't care for leftovers, but I'm a big fan of them.  It's absolutely wonderful to have a home cooked meal without actually doing any cooking that day.  And with Christmas right around the corner, I need to save all of my cooking strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment