Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day 169: Au Jus Girl

Did you know that jumbo steamed shrimp like the ones pictured here have 3 grams of protein and only about 15 calories each?  As if I needed another reason to continue to order my favorite appetizer at Izzy's Steaks and Chops!

It was a cold night in SF though, and so I was intrigued by the warm goat cheese salad that I had never before noticed on Izzy's menu.  Fortunately, in addition to his own salad, my husband ordered the shrimp to share as well so I had the best of both worlds.

As always, a prime rib and lots of steamed broccoli followed my appetizer.  Our waitress recognized us tonight and remembered that I prefer au jus to the normal horseradish that the restaurant normally provides to accompany prime rib.  She said that I will be known from now on as "the au jus girl" - fine by me!  I know I've been called a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment