Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 168: Desperately Seeking Vegetables

Today was our annual holiday potluck lunch at the office and boy did I cram a LOT of stuff into my pie hole.  If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you know my eating style by now and may be surprised to hear that no veggies passed my lips throughout the entire party.  So, by dinner time, my body was in shock and begging for the vitamins, minerals, and nutrition that only vegetables can provide.

Actually, I wasn't very hungry at all at dinner time, but my husband hadn't been lucky enough to eat all afternoon long at his office, so we went to the Balboa Cafe for some grub.  To appease my veggie cravings, I had a cup of tomato basil soup and a field green salad.  My hubby and I also shared a side order of brussels sprouts.

The field green salad is my usual appetizer at The Bal, but tonight it served as my entree.  Baby greens are tossed with raisins, candied pecans (which I don't care for and so pick out and give to my husband), and a delicious vinaigrette.  Slices of apple surround the salad and a crostini smothered in smooth goat cheese accompanies the dish.

I can't say that this meal made me feel any better about all of the junk I'd consumed earlier in the day.  But perhaps it sets me up to get back on track tomorrow.  Dare to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment