Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 167: Too Busy Cooking to Cook Dinner

Tomorrow is our holiday potluck lunch at work and I'm way too busy making meatballs to worry about cooking dinner.  Good thing we have leftover sausage and veggie mixture from last night!

We also had a bunch of broccoli, so I steamed that and mixed it with the leftovers.

And we always have shrimp in the freezer, exactly for nights like this.  I defrosted a dozen for each of us and then tossed them in a Ziploc bag with the following marinade:  juice of one large lime, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 3 T olive oil, 1/2 tsp sugar, a few shakes from the red pepper flake jar, and S&P. 

After about 10 minutes, I sauteed the shrimp in a pan pre-heated with some olive oil.  They cooked up in just a couple of minutes and dinner was served!

I know that they aren't being consumed at dinner time, but I would hate to deny you the recipe for my incredibly awesome meatballs.  You can get that recipe by clicking here and reading my entry from Columbus Day.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment