Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 120: A Sure Sign of Autumn

I love to cook, but I also love when someone cooks for me!  Tonight we went to our friend Julie's house for dinner.

I have been resisting the purchase of a butternut squash, as I feel they are a true sign that summer's over and autumn has arrived.  This dinner got me over that hump, though, and reminded me how delicious this ingredient is.

As you can see, the butternut was incorporated into a pasta dish.  It was roasted in the oven with some onion first.  Once cooked, it was added to the pasta along with turkey sausage, fresh spinach, fresh sage, and freshly shaved parmesan cheese.

This was comfort food at its best - warm, hearty, and without the guilt that comes along with a lot of other comfort foods.  If you'd like to try this dish out, the recipe is available at Allrecipes.com. Click here and get ready to welcome autumn with open arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment