Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 145: Training for Tomorrow

One might think that the night before Thanksgiving, the best dinner is a light one.  After all, who would want to have huge meals two nights in a row?  Me, I guess!

My parents arrived in SF today and we decided to take them to Izzy's for big steaks.  Of course, as always, I started with the prawn cocktail, pictured above.  Izzy's cocktail sauce is homemade and the best - full of horseradish, spicy, and so good.  Normally, I'd have gobbled up all five prawns myself, but hey - the people who gave me life were at the table and it only seems fair to share.

After that, I had prime rib and steamed broccoli - my other usual order at Izzy's.  And as always, I ate every bite.  So for those of you who are counting - I had two huge prawns, two giants bunches of steamed broccoli, and a steak the side of my head.  Chalk it up to being in training for tomorrow's big meal - which I am cooking and which I plan to enjoy thoroughly.  Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment