Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 143: And Binge Week Goes On...

If I was smart, I'd be enjoying a week of light meals leading up to the dinner of all dinners - Thanksgiving!  But I never claimed to be all that intelligent, so bring on the calories.

Tonight we splurged because we scored a reservation at Spruce - an awesome restaurant that's pretty hard to get into, at least without lots of pre-planning.

I started with a beet salad with goat cheese, greens, and hazelnuts.  Those beets must have been monsters, because the slices were a good 2-3 inches in diameter.  The salad was so yummy.

For my entree, I opted for honey lacquered duck breast with foie gras over a frisee salad with grapes.  To be honest, I was a little disappointed in this dish.  The duck was a bit dry and the foie gras wasn't particularly enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I wasn't hungry enough to indulge in Spruce's wonderful cheese selection after the meal.  I guess that gives me a good reason to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment