Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 123: Election Week Special Part 2 (Buffalo Wings)

Left or right.  Blue or Red.  Donkeys or Elephants.  Whichever way you lean, today was an exciting day to be an American.  The air was absolutely electric here in San Francisco and all day I just looked forward to going home to glue myself to CNN and their funky maps (although I could really do without their overly dramatic "Projection" intro and what the hell was that Will.I.Am hologram thing??  Creepy!).

I planned to be so glued in fact, that cooking dinner was really out of the question.  I managed to whip up a simple salad (greens, tomatoes, bell pepper, roasted beets, and sliced almonds) and then as you can see, we winged it.

We haven't had great luck with wings in SF - not meaty enough - not spicy enough - plain old not tasty enough.  Perhaps this is due to our very high standards given the killer wings back in NYC.  We finally did find some damn good wings and lucky us!  They are less than a 10 minute walk away at Perry's, a popular San Francisco joint for yummy sandwiches, pancakes, burgers, and other basic but necessary dishes!  In addition to perfectly spiced, big fat wings, I would like to hail the chunky, delicious blue cheese dressing that comes with.  Yum.

Of course, I downed some good ole Sam Adams beer tonight.  I great night to be an American, indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment