Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 121: Sneak Peek

Sunday is my favorite day to cook.  I can start early, make something more involved, not feel rushed, and really enjoy the process.  Often, I will make two dishes on Sunday - one for dinner that night and one for later in the week.

That was my plan tonight.  It's been a wet and rainy few days in San Francisco - perfect chili weather.  But more about that tomorrow, since that's when we plan to eat it (everyone knows that chili is better a day or two after you make it).

Tonight's dinner was mustard crusted lamb chops and asparagus.  For the lamb, I revisited an amazing recipe by Emeril Lagasse.  This is a favorite recipe in my house.

For the asparagus, first I parboiled it (4-5 minutes in salted boiling water).  Then, I used some of the sauce from the chili I had cooked earlier in the day to cook it the rest of the way.  All I did was heat up a few tablespoons of the sauce (leaving the meat and beans behind for tomorrow) and then saute the parboiled asparagus in it on very low heat for about 10 minutes.

For the actual chili recipe, you're just going to have to return tomorrow.  Sneak peek tonight - all of the details then!

No comments:

Post a Comment