Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 124: Election Week Special Part 3 (Chili Dogs)

Credit for tonight's entry goes to my friend Tom.  As I was getting ready to leave the office tonight, he asked me what I was having for dinner tonight.  This question had actually been plaguing me all afternoon.

If you've been reading the blog this week, you know that I made a big vat of chili on Sunday.  I knew I should either eat that up or stick it in the freezer, but I have a great track record so far off not repeating dinners within the same week, so I was hesitant.  Tom suggested that I make chili dogs - brilliant!!

Believe it or not, I had never actually cooked a hot dog before, so my husband stuck them on the grill.  I know now that I could have just boiled them, but as you know, everything tastes better when grilled!

To stick with this week's All American theme, I probably should have chosen Nathan's Famous Franks.  Do hot dogs get anymore American than that?  However, I went with Hebrew National.  I literally eat about 3 hot dogs a year and I know that HN are tasty - so sorry for not sticking with the program 100%.

We did, however, have some Tillamook Cheddar from Oregon and a nice red wine produced by BV, here in California.  I know - wine and chili dogs?  

1 comment: