Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 142: Kickin' it Old School

Obviously, the title of this entry is a shout out to my wicked old crock pot, which was a hand-me-down from my mom. It's way to small and the inside isn't removeable for easy washing - but it works like a charm and I kind of like the kitchy retro design.


Tonight's dinner was picadillo, a Cuban chili-like concoction that my husband and I both love. It requires minimal chopping and preparation and then finishes over the course of three hours in the slowcooker.


This is at least the third time I've made picadillo since this blog began.  Click here to get the recipe.  If you live somewhere that's getting cold, definitely try this dish soon.  It's sure to warm you up!

1 comment:

  1. i love to slow cook, i pull mine out at least once a week and make a soup, pot o red beans, chili. next on my list is chicken quinoa. jenna @ foodwithkidappeal.com

    ReplyDelete