Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 276: Farmer's Market Flavor

Anticipating several late nights at the office this week, I cooked up some food yesterday that would lead to some quick and easy dinners.

For tonight, I did the prep for pork tenderloin with kumquat-jalapeno marmalade.  I had been seeing kumquats at the farmer's market recently and was determined to try to cook them.  This recipe was very easy.  I made the marmalade yesterday and then tonight, my husband warmed it up and threw the pork tenderloin on the grill while I made my way home.  Perfect teamwork!

Our sides were steamed asparagus (also fresh from the farmer's market!) and some white bean salad that we purchased this weekend at a lovely little Italian cheese shop in our neighborhood.

Being spontaneous is fun, but during a hectic work week full of long days, nothing beats a flavorful, healthy, quick dinner on the table.  Let's hope the rest of this week goes this smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment