Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 280: Just the Facts

There is no long, drawn out story to accompany tonight's meal.  I was in the mood for chicken and we had some sugar snap peas that I had purchased at the farmer's market earlier in the week...so sauteed chicken and sugar snap peas it was.

I cut 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces, seasoned them with S&P, and browned them in a stainless steel pan pre-heated with olive oil.  I removed them from the pan (leaving the oil behind) and tossed them in a bowl with about 1.5 T of peanut oil.  I covered the bowl with foil and set it aside.

I turned the burner down to medium low and deglazed the pan with about 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.  I added four cloves of minced garlic and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and allowed them to soften up in the broth for a couple of minutes.

After removing the tough "string" from the peas, I threw them into the pan and cranked the heat up to medium high.  Whenever the broth had nearly cooked away, I added a few more splashes to keep the garlic from burning.  Once the peas were cooked through (cook them as much or as little as you'd like), I tossed the chicken back into the pan and mixed everything together and cooked until the chicken was heated through again.

I served the mixture over steamed quinoa tossed with lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, toasted sliced almonds, and S&P.  Yum yum good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment