Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 291: A Work Perk

I'm fortunate in that from time to time, my job allows me to enjoy some very good meals on some very nice expense accounts. Tonight was one of those nights.

Some work associates and I had amazing sushi at Ozumo where I had my first roll wrapped with soy rather than seaweed. Interesting, but I prefer the more traditional seaweed route. The soy is rather tasteless and slightly rubbery.

The four of us shared lots of dishes - far too many to remember them all. We had some delicious rolls: tempura, lobster, spicy tuna. Yum, yum, yum. We also had some some addictive garlic edamame, some soft and supple soy glazed black cod, and various pieces of sushi. Everything was wonderful, including the ice cold sake I drank throughout the meal.

I go through waves with sushi. Sometimes I crave it constantly and can't get enough. Other times the thought of it makes me kind of sick. This meal was phenomenal and made me want sushi again soon! Next time I'll probably be paying for myself, however, so Ozumo may not see me again for awhile. Any wallet friendly sushi recommendations in SF? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment