Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 285: The End of Passover (thank goodness!!)

Tonight is the last night of Passover and although I've kept to the rules (for the most part), the only Passover specific dish I've prepared this week was matzoh ball soup.  I decided to end the holiday with a Spinach Matzoh Pie recipe that I found on Epicurious.com.

I followed the recipe almost to a T, prepping the dish last night and fridging it until tonight at which point I baked it.  The only changes I made to the recipe were:
- lowfat cottage cheese
- skim milk
- 16 oz frozen spinach and a small bag of fresh spinach (which I chopped and sauteed with the onion) because that's what I had in the house
- 8 ounces of feta

This was a great way to use up all of our leftover matzoh.  And, because it could be prepared the day before, it made it easy to get dinner quickly to the table tonight.

Will I miss Passover?  No way!!  But, this recipe was a great find and I'll definitely use it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment