Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 300: Day 300!!?!

Okay.  So yesterday I made a big deal out of how excited I was to be home and cooking again after a week away on vacation.  One day later, here I am going out to dinner again!  

After work, I decided to join some colleagues for a drink (or three).  After that outing, it just  wasn't desirable (or safe) for me to handle sharp implements, so off to Bistro Aix we went.

As always, I started with a salad.  Usually at BA, I order one of their seafood dishes for my entree but tonight I had a craving for beef so I ordered the rib eye.  It normally comes with french fries and watercress salad but I substituted haricots verts instead and didn't eat any of the buttery sauce that was served.  Those moves made me feel better about eating the red meat.

It's almost the weekend, so that means more restaurant wining and dining.  Next week I will really have to get back into the kitchen to make some good, tasty meals at home.  Tune in to see what I whip up!

No comments:

Post a Comment