Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 281: En Papillote

A few weeks ago, while in a taxi, I went past a cute looking restaurant called Hyde Street Seafood House.  Coincidentally, during an office happy hour last week, a couple of my co-workers were talking about the place and how much they loved it.  This weekend I decided to try it for myself.

The restaurant prides itself on en papillote preparation.  That's when you bake food in parchment paper, usually with veggies and starch, like rice or potatoes.  I went with the New Zealand Blue Nosed Sea Bass which frankly, I had never heard of.  It was baked, as you can see, with loads of thinly sliced zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, and jalapenos.  I squeezed two juicy slices of lemon over the top and presto - a light, flavorful, super healthy meal.

En papillot is actually a pretty easy and very impressive dish to make yourself.  Several months ago, I tried it for the first time with halibut and it was a huge success.  Give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment