Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 181: Have Hangover. Need Beef.

On a hang over scale of 1-10, 10 being death, I woke up at a 6 today and it was a long, slow recovery.  Days like these call for hearty meals.

I had every intention of making a light and healthy meal for my first 2009 dinner entry.  But I got to the butcher and new knew that fish and chicken wouldn't do.  I needed beef!!

My husband took care of grilling up the NY strip steaks I purchased.  He simply seasoned them with S&P and grilled them to medium rare and they were juicy, tender, and so delicious.  Just what the hang over ordered tonight.

The side dish was roasted brussels sprouts and pancetta with garlic.  The recipe came from Epicurious.com and I found them tasty but not spectacular.  They did the trick, though, and went well with the steak.  I feel better already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment