Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 199: Ignore This Entry

Dinner today was...not good.  Well, the side dish was delicious but since it involved a seasoning packet, I don't feel that I can really take credit for that.  

Arora Creations makes delicious Indian spice blends that you can find at Whole Foods and other supermarkets.  My favorite is the Punjabi Chhole, which is added to chickpeas, fresh tomatoes, ginger, and onion for a full flavored, spicy dish that could easily be enjoyed as a main course rather than as a side.  Especially if what you prepared for your main dish tastes like crap.

I went against all of my better judgement and experience tonight and purchased fish on a holiday Monday.  This was a bad idea because it was definitely not at its freshest since the store likely had not had a delivery on Sunday or Monday.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that the fish was bad - it definitely wasn't - but the texture was just off and it tasted fishier than fresh halibut normally does.

Obviously, this was all very disappointing, but hey - not all 365 days can be winners.  Better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment