Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 196: I Did What???

Tonight I did something crazy.  I went to Izzy's Steaks & Chops and ordered...swordfish??

I haven't been feeling all that slim lately and so I felt that I needed to avoid my beloved prime rib tonight and go for a healthier option.

I started with the yummy warm goat cheese salad.  A disc of gooey cheese is served on a bed of lettuce with sliced apples and chopped walnuts.  I don't care for walnuts, so I always pick those out and my husband enjoys them.

At Izzy's you get to choose two sides with your entree.  Normally I go with a double order of steamed broccoli but tonight a baked potato sounded good.  When it showed up, it was the size of my head!  I was a little intimidated by it and so concentrated on the fish (delicious!) and the broccoli and once I got through that I was super stuffed and so never touched that dinosaur egg of a potato.

This was the first time that I ever went to a steakhouse and ordered fish.  While I was very  pleasantly surprised, I wonder...will I ever do this again?  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment