Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 193: So So

Tonight's dinner reminded me that I don't have a great appreciation for shrimp with cheese.  Of course there's an exception to every rule - but more often than not, tonight included - I really just do not care for that combination.

The dish was essentially shrimp saganaki, on Greek restaurant menus everywhere.  Here's the recipe:

Ingredients (serves 2):
2 dozen large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 T olive oil
1/2 a jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup crumbled feta cheese

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.

Coat a large baking dish with non-stick spray and place tomatoes, olive oil, jalapeno, and garlic inside.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Add shrimp and lemon juice and mix with tomato mixture.  Sprinkle feta across the top and bake for another 10 minutes.  Mix and if all shrimp are not fully cooked, bake for another 5 minutes.

I used a slotted spoon to move this mixture onto our plates.  I actually served it on top of a bed of fresh arugula to add extra nutrition and a different texture to the dish.

Like I said, this dish was average.  But, if shrimp and cheese is a favorite flavor combination of yours, then give it a try.  And let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment