Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 189: I Survived!

I had a good long break from work (almost 2 weeks!) and was worried that I wouldn't be able to survive the first 5-day work week back.  Well - I did!  And to celebrate, we had dinner at Isa, our favorite restaurant in the neighborhood.

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you may remember that Isa specialized is smallish plates that are meant to share.  There are several dishes that we always order, including the baked goat cheese, tomatoes, basil, and pine nuts pictured above.  It is SO good.

We also tried the special, which was sea bass with artichokes, olives, and fennel.  The fish was perfect - crispy on the outside and flaky inside.  Sea bass is a nice, firm, satisfying white fish and this dish was great.  Maybe it'll make it to the permanent menu one day.

And for those of you who have been on the edge of your seats waiting for the conclusion of the fish in parchment wrap saga:  there is no longer parchment wrapped fish of any kind on Isa's menu.  As disappointed as we are that our beloved butterfish with mushrooms is no longer available, we are certainly not sad to say goodbye to the terrible sablefish with tomato that replaced it.  And now that I have figured out how to cook fish in parchment myself - I know that I can have it for dinner anytime I want!

If this week marked a return to work after an extended holiday break for you, too - I hope it was successful and that you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment