Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 183: Add It To The List Of Things I Want to Bathe In

Things I'd like to bathe in:
1. The black truffle honey that Nectar drizzles over chunks of parmesan cheese
2. Pacific Catch's soy wasabi vinaigrette

And the newest entry:
4. Bistro Aix's tomato fennel bouillabase broth

We've been to Bistro Aix many, many times and yet somehow, I never ordered the bouillabase.  That all changed tonight and I know for sure that it'll be tough for me to ever order anything else from now on.  It was TO DIE FOR and I can't help but mourn for all of those nights that I ordered other delicious, but not quite AS delicious dishes.

After my mesclun salad appetizer, the bouillabase arrived.  A large pice of halibut sat in the center of the bowl, surrounded by clams, calamari, chunks of potato, and garlicky croutons.  All of this sat in the most amazing broth.  I couldn't help but mop it up with some focaccia from the bread basket later on in the meal.

I really have to give props to my husband for choosing the perfect wine tonight - a 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon from Bartholomew Park Winery in Sonoma.  I cannot even describe the beauty I experienced by eating following up a bite of bouillabase with a sip of the wine.  I thought I might have died and gone to heaven. 

If you have a recipe for bouillabase, please share.  I think I may want to give it a shot at home.

1 comment: