Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 205: Sunday Night Splurge

If you're here for lowfat, healthy recipes then don't bother with this entry!!  This one is loaded with cheese and butter and therefore, is scrumptious!!

This recipe for artichoke ravioli is one of my favorites from Epicurious.com.  You can click on that first link for the details because I followed them exactly, with only these exceptions:
1 - Rather than frozen artichokes, I used canned and was careful to squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible.
2 - Instead of making my own pasta, I used wonton wrappers.  This saves A LOT of time.

This was the second time I made this recipe and I realized that this could be done as a lasagna or as stuffed shells and it would be a lot less work.  I'll try that next time.  I had a fair amount of the artichoke mixture left and plan to use it as a stuffing for chicken breast later this week.

And no splurge is complete without dessert!  For that, I picked up some tiny fruit tarts and amaretti cookies from Emporio Rulli, our neighborhood purveyor of delicious Italian baked goods and caffeinated goodness.

Hey, diets start on Monday, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment